Sunday, May 16, 2021

It's a hit or miss, but i keep trying !!!!

I am always trying new Keto/ diebetic friendly recipes.  I have to keep from getting bored with the same foods.  In this photo the Air Fried Garlic Parmesan and Butter Wings a BIG hit.  the keto pound cake that I tossed into the garbage a big Miss.   I am having a tough time finding really good wings up here in Indiana, they aren't cooked or crispy enough.   I find if i soak my wings in cold vinegar water for a couple hours, and then rinse and pat dry,  i put on a flat dinner plate, various herbs....  i usually use a little garlic powder, parsley, adobe seasoning, pepper, paprika  and mix this with a table spoon of baking powder.....  (this is what gives the crispiness on the wing)  i place the seasoned wings into my air fryer in a single layer on parchment paper,  and bake 400 degrees for 10 minutes,  turn each wing and then bake another 5 minutes, and I will do this until they are crisp ........ I already have a small pan on the stove with melted butter,  fresh finely chopped garlic and some parsley  ready to pour over the wings as soon as i get them out of the fryer...  i toss and coat well, and then sprinkle my parmesan at the end.......   I make my own blue cheese dressing dip......  this is one of my favorite things to do in my air fryer.,   The other favorite use of my Air fryer is doing my burgers...... i have so many ways to do them.......I have practiced so much, that i get them perfect everytime....... it took adjusting time and temp and there were several misses before the hits !!!!   

Today i am making a Keto Chipotle Meatloaf,  can't wait to see how this turns out .  And i think i am going to make a  Gingerbread pound cake to use with my Lemon Curd  (its assumed that in my blog everything is Keto and Diabetic Friendly)  i tried the Lemon Curd with my Coconut cupcakes last week, and it was definitely a Hit.   Even if it is diabetic friendly and Keto,  I do not eat my sweets all the time,   when i make them.........  i individually wrap them in Glad Wrap Press and seal,  and then i put each wrapped dessert into a large freezer bag.....  and then I am able to only take one as i want it.

Hard to believe i have been living this life style since August 25th 2020.  Time flies when you're having fun I guess.    Hope you have a peaceful and blessed week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just a little sad!! dealing with a few things

Yesterday was two years since my dear old friend and mentor died.  funny the second year brought up more memories than the first year of his...