Tuesday, April 6, 2021

Three Bites!!!!

 Easter was a wonderful time.   My decision on how i was going to eat was not an all or nothing.  I ended up having 3 bites of a Gob ( a little chocolate cake with cream filling).  afterwards , I sat there and looked at the remaining Gob sitting on the table, enticing me to just finish the entire cake.  but i walked away, I didn't need it.....  of course i am having fun with my glucometer,  so after two hours i checked my glucose level......  119  it's never over 120 even after a meal.   The best part of the day was seeing Anne,  she is doing well, and my brother Chris has to be proud of her.

In the past, i couldn't have a cheat meal, or cheat day or cheat dessert.  because it would just cause me to let loose and i couldn't stop eating the wrong foods afterwards.  NOW i do not call it a cheat meal, or falling off the wagon....  it is called Living!

honestly, the Gob was too sweet,  i am not used to eating sugar now, and i have lost the taste.   However i do love my new favorite,  Keto Mascarpone Chocolate Cheesecake mousse:





4 oz cream cheese softened

8 oz of mascarpone cheese

1/4 cup of cocoa powder

1/3 to 1/2 cup of Swerve powder sugar

heavy cream (enough for texture of your choice (1/4 cup to 1/2 cup)

expresso powder, 


use a hand mixer and mix the cheeses, cocoa powder, and expresso powder (opt) until combined add the heavy cream as you mix until the creamy texture you prefer.

and lily sugar free chocolate chips and some berries.......  it truly is amazing,  I have some of my non keto friends and family try it......and they said they can't tell that it is sugar free and keto 

Today is my day off, Katie and I may go biking........it will be my first day out on the trail with my bike,   i am 70 lbs lighter than last year at this time,   I wonder if it will make a difference...... i'll let you know tomorrow.   

Make today what you want,  it is your choice to be Happy......... choose accordingly 

Sandi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just a little sad!! dealing with a few things

Yesterday was two years since my dear old friend and mentor died.  funny the second year brought up more memories than the first year of his...